While skimming through the Reading Eagle I came
across a short article that closely relates to mass communication, "Media
everywhere, bathroom included." The title is what caught my attention
because at first I thought that there was a new technology coming out that
would be installed in restrooms. As I began reading into it the article talks
about how TV viewers are watching their programs on their own time. Being that
television is central to media consumption, streaming missed episodes or full
seasons of TV series on a smartphone is no longer a new thing.
I found that the article left the reader well
informed of studies done measuring TV consumption during recent years. I can
definitely agree with the fact that it is increasing across the years because
of various new TV series that come out. Everyone is interested in what’s new
and sharing it with mutual consumers. The writing was well structured and
flowed well. When I got to the end of the article it ended with a sentence that
tied back to the headline, “an offbeat finding: 40% of adults between 18 and 24
use social media in the bathroom.” Although I do like how the author tied it
all together but I feel they could have included more statements that was
related to the title of the article.
In all I found the article interesting and the statistics
surprising and informing. I do agree with the content because technology is
only increasing from here and so will the numbers of consumption.
The Associated Press. "Media Everywhere,
Bathroom Included." Reading Eagle. P.A12. 11 Feb. 2014. Print.
Hey Sheala, my name is Deshawn. We've met before, I first want to commend you on a well-written blog. I really like your template and how smoothly the writing in your text flows, almost like a novel. I thought it was funny how you interpreted the headline of the article you chose to write about. (Honestly I would've thought the same thing, Lol) I also thought that you chose a very fitting article being as though we are taking a course on Mass Media consumption. I can definitely see how 40% of adults use media in the bathroom, it made me realize why most people's bathroom breaks are longer than expected. We use media everywhere nowadays and to find an article that highlights it just speaks volumes to how important media consumption is to our society as a whole.
ReplyDelete